Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
This is CRAZY
CEB85 posted:
Hi everyone, Just want to give an update after my blood draw today.

The nurse called me and told me my beta is RISING! Its still very low and she said it could go either way at this point. I went from 4 on Sunday to 11 today. I go back in on Thursday. If it is still rising I will wait a week and go in again. She said they're not giving up until they have reason too.
She said it could be that a piece of tissue is still attached, or it could be a healthy pregnancy. At this rate we just don't know. This is SO CRAZY. I'm trying not to get my hopes up knowing that these numbers are WAY too low, but at the same time trying to stay positive.
I've read some other posts from women who had the same thing happen. Some ended positive, some negative. We just don't know at this point.

rooni134 responded:
crossing all my fingers and toes! hopefully its a the little baby growing!

prayforamiracle responded:
Oh my goodness, I'm hoping and praying for positive news. Many hugs.
Prayforamiracle-Me(36)PCOS Dh(43)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

CEB85 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
I got my beta results from yesterday. The number is still rising. Its up to 32, but that is still way too low. I asked the nurse exactly what they were thinking about this and she they don't expect it to turn out well since the numbers are so low. She said it has happened and they hope I prove them wrong. But its just not likely. And, unfortunately at this point they just don't know. I go in for more blood work on Wednesday morning and then Thursday morning I will have an u/s and hopefully they can see what's going on.

prayforamiracle replied to CEB85's response:
I'm so sorry you are going through this emotional roller coaster. I know this has to be very stressful. Keeping you in my prayers and hoping for good news.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)PCOS Dh(44)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

rooni134 replied to CEB85's response:
Hi CEB,

i really really hope and pray that today's blood work shows more positive news.

i really admire your patience.

you are always in my thoughts.

CEB85 replied to rooni134's response:
Thank you rooni,

This past Sunday I ended up getting horrible stomach pain and started bleeding and I ended up calling the emergency number to talk to the on call Dr. I had to go in first thing Monday morning. They did blood work and an u/s. U/S showed everything normal and when they called Monday afternoon my beta went to 162.
The nurse just called with today's beta results and they're going down. Now at 142, so this doesn't look too good. I still am supposed to go in for my u/s tomorrow. I'm just hoping that its not something really bad and end up needing another D&C or some sort of surgery.

Thinking of you and sending hugs.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)PCOS Dh(44)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

CEB85 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
Went in today for my u/s. They were not able to see anything other than my uterine lining was still good even though I've had some bleeding. Some of the pain I'm feeling is apparently because there is fluid around my right ovary that we have to watch.
My RE was not happy that my beta dropped and had me do another round of blood work. I was basically told that if the numbers did not rise significantly we would have to stop all meds and let the pregnancy end.
My beta did go up but not enough. They think its a tubal pregnancy. That just frustrates me so much because with IVF you only have 1 to 3% chance of a tubal. That's just my luck. They're hoping it clears itself. If I don't get af in the next few days I either have to go on a pill to try and dissolve the tissue or have surgery. I also really have to watch for pain. They said a little pain is ok, but if its bad I need to get immediate help.
I kind of knew it wasn't going to end well but was still hopeful.
Good news is if this ends on its own I can get right back into another transfer after af.

I'm saying lots of prayers that you are not experiencing a tubal. Please take care of yourself and keep an eye on things. Many, many hugs coming your way.

rooni134 replied to CEB85's response:
I am so sorry that you are going through this... i hope all goes well. my prayers are with you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (26) DH (33) - TTC #1 since 8/2005. Started Metformin 3x a day 2/2010. DH has good count but not the right amount of "normal" guys. Prayi...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.