Skip to content
To Prayforamiracle
CEB85 posted:
Hi,

I'm just wondering how you're doing?
Have you discussed with DH about continuing again?

prayforamiracle responded:
I posted a reply yesterday morning, but I guess it didn't take it. Thanks for checking on me, especially with all that you are going through. I have been thinking about you as well. I have convinced DH into another IUI, although his heart isn't in it. With all the new autism research out about men over 35, dh has gotten really nervous. My brain tells me one thing, but my heart tells me something else. I know we should probably quit ttc, but I'm just not ready. I did call my RE's office, to set up another IUI cycle this time. They called back and said that the RE wants to consult again. I'm sure it will be a depressing appt, about our ages, IUIs not working etc. They kinda acted like well you have to see him and he is booked, so you will have to wait this cycle. I pleaded with them and told them that after this cycle, the next three months will probably be impossible due to work to do any IUI cycles. They did fit me in early next week. So, hopefully the RE will agree to do another IUI.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)PCOS Dh(44)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

CEB85 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
I'm so glad your DH will do another IUI.
Try not to worry too much about age and what the Dr. might tell you. Maybe all he'll want to do is adjust some sort of medication or do a little more blood work. There are so many options out there. Stay strong! Hugs!

FrenchBulldogMom replied to prayforamiracle's response:
Are you two considering IVF at all?
Me 35, DH 36, TTC since 2009, IVF Oct 2011, BFP Twins!!! Due Date 7-18-2012!!!!

prayforamiracle replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Thanks ladies for your support. I'm trying to stay positive, but it is sooooo hard. IVF will not be an option for us, so it is pretty much just meds and IUIs.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)PCOS Dh(44)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

rooni134 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
I hope everything works out for you. you are in my prayers always.

prayforamiracle replied to rooni134's response:
Thanks so much. I will let you all know what I find out.

prayforamiracle responded:
Well, we will not be starting a new medicated cycle this time. I went to the RE this week and with our ages the doc wants to me more aggressive. So, he wants to do injectable IUI cycles. I can't start one until I do two things, have an HSG(should of had this prior to the IUIs,doc) and take an injectable class. So, there was no way to get these done in time. I asked him if we could still try something this time, because due to work this will be my last chance for two-three months. That didn't seem to matter, he tells me one minute due to my age we need to move and then tells me to do all of that before another medicated cycle. I don't know if I can do injectables. I know they are very expensive and require more monitoring. I already had been running out of excuses with work. I don't know how I can get around being gone from work so much more. Very disappointed and feel time is slipping away. It didn't help that af this time has been horrible. I don't know if coming off of medicated cycles, af tends to be worse?? Anyone else ever experience that? Thanks for listening.

CEB85 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
Hi Pray,

I'm sorry you're going through this and have to wait so long to get started again.
As far as AF after a medicated cycle mine really weren't that bad. I would go for so long without AF that when it did come it would be super heavy and painful. Af after a medicated cycle was nothing compared to it.
I know injectables sound scary but I really preferred them over the clomid. Clomid made me feel terrible. I promise they don't hurt. Just make sure you give the alcohol time to dry before injecting yourself. That's what makes it uncomfortable. They're so easy, I promise.
Also, ask your RE or nurse if there are any programs to get the meds reduced or free through the pharmacy. Most have these options and they take into account how much you have already spent out of pocket and your income. We were so lucky to get 1 month worth of meds free. That 1 month worth lasted us 4 rounds of IUI's. They give you A LOT and since you do respond to clomid I doubt you'll be on a super high dosage.
As far as getting off work, this stuff IS covered by FMLA. I didn't know that and was surprised to learn. So see if you can get your Dr. to fill one out for you. Then there is nothing they can do.

Good luck to you!

rooni134 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
Hi Pray,

there are many IVF programs out there that help couples pay for IVF or they get "IVF scholarship". I looked into applying, it looks like you just find the program you are interested in and apply for it. Here is one website: http://www.inciid.org/article.php?cat=&id=239 .

also, check with your local hospital and clinics, sometimes there are local groups who offer help with IVF or drugs and/or treatments.

Injectables are completely painless and very very easy to do. i can guarantee that you will have no trouble with them. if you go on youtube, there are many videos that show you how to inject. Plus, i dont know if this will be an option, and you can ask your doctor, but i used the drug follistim for which i still have the pen and the kit. if you want and if it helps, i can send you the pen, so that it helps with the cost. let me know if thats something you might be interested in.

rooni

prayforamiracle replied to rooni134's response:
CEB85-Thanks for the encouragement. If I decide to do injectables, I will definitely need your support.

Rooni-Thanks for providing all the IVF information. The financial part is a big factor to why we are not pursing IVF, but there are other reasons as well. One of the few things that prevents us, is if we were so lucky to have embryos to make it to thaw; our ages would prevent us from using them all. For me personally, I just can't do that. No judging others if that is their choice, but for me I just can't. Thanks so much for offering the meds. That is such a thoughtful thing to do and you have never "met" me. I so appreciate all your support. I will let you know, what I decide to do.

Spotlight: Member Stories

2 surgeries, 1 failed IUI, 1 successful IVF and we're having twins due 7-18-12!!!!

Helpful Tips

PCOS tips
I am currently on Metformin 2000 for PCOS and these are some tips my doctor gave me, hopefully they can be helpful to you also! Weight ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.