Skip to content
PCOS and the weight battle
amy7878 posted:
Hi ladies,

Man o man! I didn't think that losing this weight would be this hard. ( I am 5'4" and 265....I'm a lard a#$ I freely admit it lol) I've been trying hard for the last 3 years to lose weight but it just doesnt seem to happen. I have tried everything that I can think of but nothing seems to work. I almost to the point of just eating like a tiny meal once a day. I've followed too many diet routines and mel plans to list. Is anyone else having troubles? I would like to have a weight loss buddy if anyone is interested (I'm very competitive lol). Thanks for letting me vent guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It means alot to me that you all "listen" to me!!!

<3

CEB85 responded:
Hi Amy7878,

Are you taking Metformin? I know some RE's give it to patients who are trying to lose weight to help ttc. I was given it after my m/c to try to prevent future m/c and I was losing weight while on it and I wasn't even trying. I think part of the losing weight while on metformin is because at first it is sort of rough on your body, at least for me. I just didn't feel the best starting out. I wasn't sick, just not really hungry and feeling kind of blah. Once those side effects went away I still just never really had a big appetite and I know it was helping my metabolism, because I was eating whatever I wanted and still losing weight. And I'm a little embarrassed to admit there was about a week where I ate mostly chips and dip (my weakness ha) and still lost weight.With the issues we're going through, when I'm doing a round of treatment I'm not allowed to exercise very much but I still try to walk as much as I can. Just to get some form of exercise. We've been at this about 2 years now and I've become quite weak compared to how I used to be because of my restrictions.

Good luck.

amy7878 replied to CEB85's response:
Hi Ceb,

Yes I am currently on metformin but im not sure of the mg of it. See my body is weird ( or my mentality is lol ). Even when I feel sick or don't feel like eating (stomach is flip floppin) I still have to eat. I don't know what else to do....

thanks for responding hun!

<3

Spotlight: Member Stories

29 years old. Found out at I had PCOS after stopping BC for 6months and not having regular cycles. Got a second opinion last June and we started up on...More

Helpful Tips

PCOS tips
I am currently on Metformin 2000 for PCOS and these are some tips my doctor gave me, hopefully they can be helpful to you also! Weight ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.