Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Question about Ovulation tests
beccarn09 posted:
ok ladies...So I finished my first round of clomid on friday 22...Today I took an ovulation test and it read positive...I have only taken one other Ovulation test and that was 2 months ago and it read positive too...Weird..However I am confused about when it is best to concieve then...We had intercourse 2 days ago...So does that mean I have a chance of getting pregnant? Or is it to late,,,I am confused on when your chances are higher of getting pregnant> Before ovulation or after??

KMcEntire responded:
I've been told between two days before ovulation and the day after. But the tests test for LH which means that there should be an increase before you ovulate. So this means you should ovulate within the next 24-36 hours - so factor this into your timing too. It won't hurt to have sex again!
Me (24)(PCOS) and DH (24) TTC our first for two years. Tried Metformin, Femara, Acupuncture, herbs, ovarian drilling... looking at other options.

prayforamiracle responded:
I know this is a little late, but I agree with KMcEntire(Glad to see you back!) that ovulation should occur 24-36 hours after a positive test. So definitely bd the next few days. With that being said, I will have to tell you that PCOSers can not always rely on OPKs. Due to having PCOS, we can sometimes have false positives. I'm sure that is not the case with you this time, because you are probably actually ovulating from the Clomid. Just in natural cycles, you might want to keep that in the back of your mind. Sending tons of good luck vibes for you this cycle!
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)PCOS Dh(44)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

beccarn09 replied to prayforamiracle's response:
I was wondering that too..about the PCOS...I read on the package that sometimes they can read positive...But since I am on the clomid i thought well maybe its true...We have had sex every other day since Monday which was cd10...and it said I ovulated from those test on cd 12...I thought was really early, because most say CD15...I just had a gut feeling to test that day. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!! Crossing my fingers!! Cant test until July 12.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I were married April 2005. We started TTC in August of 2005 b/c we knew that due to my family history we would have difficulty conceivi...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!