Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Update
CEB85 posted:
I had my failed IVF consult today.
It was much more than I thought it would be. As I knew before, my uterus is severely curved and makes it extremely difficult to do a transfer. The first thing my RE said when he came into the room was this last "transfer was a B!tch". I knew it had to be more difficult than normal because I was in a lot of pain and had some bleeding. Well blood and transfers are not a good combo. So before proceeding and wasting any more of our frozen embryos I have to have surgery. They'll be doing hysteroscopy and laparoscopy, he wants to see exactly what is going on in there and to see if there is anything causing my uterus to be so twisted. Depending on what he finds determines on how he'll do the next transfer, there are several different options. Some more pleasant than others...
Another thing we discussed was that we got pregnant with twins using IUI and that actually may be best for us due to the uterus issues. We just have to see what he finds during surgery and then decide what would be best. He said we've been through too much and we need to make sure we go about this right because obviously we need to do something different.
I think our RE is just as frustrated as we are. He said his goal is to get us pregnant with twins and be done. Ha.
Now just waiting for the scheduler to call and let us know when the surgery will be.

prayforamiracle responded:
Sorry I'm just not responding. I have been having internet problems. I'm sorry you can't begin another cycle, but I think it shows you have a good doctor. He wants to get a better idea of what he is working with. He doesn't want to put you through more, till he knows more. I know you hate to wait again. I hope you receive promising results. When do you think you will have it done?
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)PCOS Dh(44)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! It all started last December (2010) when I went to visit my OBGYN after not seeing AF for 8 months after stopping my birth control pills. After a ...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.