Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Update
KMcEntire posted:
I know I haven't been present much lately but I wanted to share some exciting news... I finally had a BFP!!! It doesn't seem real though, I'm just waiting for AF to show herself and to have had a false positive result. I don't go to the dr until sep 13 so the suspense is killing me. Im worried abou continuing to take metformin but all the studies I've read talk about how it helps with reducing miscarriage. I feel like its been such a struggle that it's almost not even possible for a BFP to be true. Fingers crossed though.
Me (24)(PCOS) and DH (24) TTC our first for two years. Tried Metformin, Femara, Acupuncture, herbs, ovarian drilling... looking at other options.

CEB85 responded:
CONGRATS!!! That is wonderful news. I'm so happy for you.
Don't worry about the metformin, my RE told me its completely safe during the first trimester. Its at the end of the first trimester that you have to go off of it. He also told me that it can do absolutely no harm to a fetus during that first trimester so you have nothing to worry about.
Again, congrats!

KMcEntire replied to CEB85's response:
Thank you! That makes me feel much better. It still feels too good to be true but I will be able to find out more on the 13th- if only my nerves can make it that long!
Me (24)(PCOS) and DH (24) TTC our first for two years. Tried Metformin, Femara, Acupuncture, herbs, ovarian drilling... looking at other options.

prayforamiracle responded:
Finally some happy news here! I'm sorry I'm just now checking the board. Things have been hectic. This has made my day! I think they will probably have you take Metformin through the first twelve weeks, so definitely don't stop taking it. My advice to you is even though you are nervous and having a hard time believing you finally got a BFP, enjoy every minute of it.

Sending lots of happy hugs and wishing you the very best. Please keep us posted. Are you planning on testing anymore before Sept 13? Apparently there are HPTs out there now, that will tell you how many weeks you are.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)PCOS Dh(44)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

KMcEntire replied to prayforamiracle's response:
Thank you!

I keep testing and have to make myself wait at least a couple of days lol. I think I will def keep testing up until the appointment.

I didn't know about the tests that tell how many weeks you are, I'll have to look for those.

once_upon_a_time89 responded:
Congratulation. I am so happy to finally see someone with good news. I was really curious if the OTC natural progesterone cream worked at all for you?

KMcEntire replied to once_upon_a_time89's response:
I didn't end up using it. I was never 100% sure that I had ovulated so I didn't want to start using it until after I had ovulated. Then I was worried that if I did use it, it suggests testing before stopping the cream b/c it would induce a period. It also said to continue using it up until the beginning of your third trimester. I that that it might start making my periods more variable, and I had just got to a place where they were regular again after I had the cysts drained. My OBGYN didn't seem to think that it would my that effective, unless it were in the shot or rectal form.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am currently 17 1/2 years old, have had irregular/non-existent menstrual cycles since I was almost 15, and thinking about trying to conceive my firs...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.