Skip to content
Anyone NOT ovulate with Femara?
Jordansfear posted:
So this was my first month using femara. Took it day 3-7 twice a day. Bloodwork done on day 3 everything looked good for blood work and ultra sound. Been taking ovulation tests since day 11 still have not ovulated and now on day 19. Was only suppose to test ovulation day 12-18. Anyone not ovulate using Femara? If so what was the reason? This week I was put on metformin since my glucose test was a little high. I had such high hopes that this drug would help in ovulation so to not ovulate has left me crushed. Would like to know if anyone didn't ovulate the first month but maybe the second month they did or what other reasons there could be for not ovulating.

CEB85 responded:
Hi,
I never took Femera but I did take Clomid which I think are very similar. With clomid they start you off on a low dose and then increase as needed. I'm pretty sure they do the same with Femera so you may just need to keep increasing the dosage until it works for you. They don't want to start you on too high of a dosage and go overboard. Good luck

prayforamiracle responded:
I'm sorry I haven't taken Femara. I have taken Clomid and had trouble ovulating with it, so I understand your frustration. It could be they need to increase the dosage a little, in order for you to ovulate. I also had such high hopes with Clomid that it would work wonders for me and know how disappointing it is when it doesn't. Wishing you lots of luck and hoping for better results next time.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)PCOS Dh(44)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

KMcEntire responded:
I took Femara, two sets of three cycles about 8 months apart. There was never a clear indication that I ovulated. My tests kept showing negative. I started charting my temperatures on an app and there was never a positive result there also. The only way I had some inkling was when I had ovulation pains to one side and when my cervical mucus changed. I've heard that your chances increase with ovulating during the 2nd and 3rd cycles if you didn't ovulate the first time. But don't loose hope! I really thought that I wasn't ovulating until I got a BFP.
Me (24)(PCOS) and DH (24) TTC our first for two years. Tried Metformin, Femara, Acupuncture, herbs, ovarian drilling... looking at other options.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 24 (25 in August) TTC for 3+ years. Diagnosed with PCOS 1/2007. 4 failed rounds of Clomid 2007. Moved on to Inj. Stopped mid-cycle. DH & I...More

Helpful Tips

PCOS tips
I am currently on Metformin 2000 for PCOS and these are some tips my doctor gave me, hopefully they can be helpful to you also! Weight ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.