Skip to content
depressed with pcos
taquanna83 posted:
its been a while since my last post. i am 29 and was diagnosised at 19, I have never conceived and my worries on conceiving are only mounting. has any natural or home remedies aided anyone in the efforts to concieve, and how do u deal with the deppression?

CEB85 responded:
Hi, while I can't reply about natural or home remedies working I can about the depression. For me, I tell myself I'm allowed to feel however I want and try to keep busy with projects around my house. Also, I tell myself this path we're on wont last forever. After my m/c last summer I never thought I could get back at it but I did And while still no luck I know that it will happen but with my issues its just going to take a while for us. I am sorry you're feeling depressed. Just know that its normal, we All have been there and you have every right to feel however you do. Good luck to you and hang in there. You will get through this.

prayforamiracle responded:
Welcome to the board! I'm sorry that you are dealing with depression. I know that trying to conceive and it constantly on your mind can definitely take a toll on you. I try my best to think of all the other blessings in my life or else I think I would be in bad shape now. Other than not being able to have a child, I have been very blessed. Don't get me wrong, I have many days were I have huge pity partys. Why me? It isn't fair, so many have children they don't want and I want one more than anything, etc. Some days are easier than others. This board has helped me tremendously and I'm so thankful for it.

I haven't really tried anything natural or a home remedy per say. I do chart my cycles and take my temp every day to help with keeping up with my cycles, since they are so inconsistent.

I hope today is a better day and I look forward to chatting with you.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)PCOS Dh(44)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

taquanna83 responded:
thank you ladies,

today is better than yesterday or two days ago. i will attempt to or i will from now on focus on the blessings i have been given, like cooking. everyday is a different day and the need to suceed is greater than staying depressed. but i have began taking prenatal vitamins, as my doc said its good to prer the body with the right vitamins prior to pregnancy, the next step is to begin the clomid. again thanks for your encouraging words.

patientlywaiting512 replied to taquanna83's response:
I understand how you're feeling. Today has been one of those days for me. I also am 29 and have been diagnosed with pcos at 26. How has clomid worked for you? I'm looking to start my first cycle in a few weeks. Good luck and God bless you.

taquanna83 replied to patientlywaiting512's response:
So far I have just been taking the prenatal vitamins and switching up my diet. In addition to getting some sort of work out plan started. In agreement with my Doc, we both thought it would be best if I lost some weight, he does however feel that by doing so and then started the clomid my chances of conceiving would increase as well as my ability to carry to full term. So here's hoping that within the next 3 months I will be reporting my success story. Today also is a good day, some days I wake up in tears and just down the whole day. but today I'm just excited to watch my Houston Texans in the playoff

taquanna83 replied to patientlywaiting512's response:
I hope today is a good day for you, just wanted to see how your cycles on the clomid going for you? Hope all is well and your future a bit brighter.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 24 (25 in August) TTC for 3+ years. Diagnosed with PCOS 1/2007. 4 failed rounds of Clomid 2007. Moved on to Inj. Stopped mid-cycle. DH & I...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.