Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Not sure if I am pregnant
kittrellkandice posted:
My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for over a year. I have had PCOS since i was 18. My doctor started me on the provera and clomid. I took them as I was suppose to. The clomid is 100mg for cycle days 5-9. On day 23 of my cycle I spotted. Not enough to show up on a pad but enough to see when wiping. I am not having any other things go on. Should I wait longer than 30 cycle days to test for Pregnancy or just do it then.

CEB85 responded:
Hello and welcome.

Did you take a trigger shot?
What day are you now? It's been so long since I took clomid I can't remember how it exactly works. So not sure if testing too soon could give you a false positive or not.
I know this wasn't the best advice but i do wish you much luck.

prayforamiracle responded:
I would wait at least 12-14 days after ovulation, especially if you had the trigger shot. Although, some people can't wait that long to test. Good luck!
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)PCOS Dh(44)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

kittrellkandice replied to prayforamiracle's response:
trigger shot? I didn't have that. I don't know when I ovulated. I am now on day 32. I am going to wait til this weekend and take a another test. I just dont know how to tell if i am ovualating without the ot and they are so expessive.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (26) DH (33) - TTC #1 since 8/2005. Started Metformin 3x a day 2/2010. DH has good count but not the right amount of "normal" guys. Prayi...More

Helpful Tips

PCOS tips
I am currently on Metformin 2000 for PCOS and these are some tips my doctor gave me, hopefully they can be helpful to you also! Weight ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.