Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Not Ovulating
kittrellkandice posted:
Hi all, I have had PCOS for around 10 years. My husband and I have been TTC for over a year. My doctor had put me on Metformin and provera and clomid. My first cycle she said I didn't ovulate. This cycle I went in on day 12 and she said I wasn't ovualting. She has been wanting me to take 1000mg of metformin but I get sick from it. So he only has me take half a pill in the morning and half in the evening. She says she is uping my clomid to 150mg. Back two years ago with my first husband I was with a different doctor and I would ovualte on day 16 but this cycle I didn't or at least the Ovualtion test said i didn't.

Is there anything I can do to help my body ovulate? I am really worried about this.

CEB85 responded:
Hi,
I was one that would not respond to clomid. I did a couple rounds with my ob/gyn. She then referred me to a Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE). If you're not seeing an RE I highly recommend doing so. They have so many various options they can try. When I first went to my RE, he did a lot of testing and continued the clomid combined with dexomethosone. Unfortunately for me it still didn't help me to ovulate but I've heard it works for most people. Since the clomid combo wasn't working I had to move on to injectables. I know it can sound scary and overwhelming but trust me its easy,simple, doesn't hurt and like my RE said your body has no choice but to ovulate. So very worth it, I've ovulated every time I've done the shots. They're able to adjust the dosage easier and there is no limit at how high you can go. On clomid I think the max is either 150 or 200.
The injectables can be quite pricey if insurance doesn't cover, but many pharmacies have programs where you can get the medications for discount or free. We were able to get what they called 1 month free and I think it lasted me 3 or 4 rounds.
So yes, there are other options out there to get you to ovulate. I know at first it can sound so incredibly overwhelming but in the end it will all be worth it. Please feel free to ask any more questions and I'll do my best to answer.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 24 (25 in August) TTC for 3+ years. Diagnosed with PCOS 1/2007. 4 failed rounds of Clomid 2007. Moved on to Inj. Stopped mid-cycle. DH & I...More

Helpful Tips

PCOS tips
I am currently on Metformin 2000 for PCOS and these are some tips my doctor gave me, hopefully they can be helpful to you also! Weight ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.