Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New to PCOS
kirakitterman posted:
I wanted to introduce my self. I am 31 mother to 3 beautiful little girls ages 5, and twins that are 3. I have always had crazy cycles and was able to get my girls after several rounds of clomid. I found out today I have confirmed PCOS. We have done 5 rounds of clomid searching for our last little one with no success. I am now on Femera day 5 and will do injections day 7,9,11. I am looking for any advice or hope that my body will work one last time and how to deal with PCOS. I am not overweight and cant really find much to help but lose weight which I cant do. My doctor said she wanted to wait till next cycle to try metformin. Would it not help to take it now? Any advice you can give would be great.

Good luck to you all.

CEB85 responded:
Hello and Welcome!

There is absolutely hope. We sound pretty similar as I too am not overweight and I didn't show the typical outer appearance of PCOS. I also never responded to clomid either.
My RE had told me that when moving to injectables my body had no choice but to ovulate. I was monitored every couple of days while on the injectables and my dosage would be adjusted as needed. For me, I was on injectables anywhere from 8 to 10 days.
Even though I'm not overweight or had the "need" for metformin I was eventually put on it. I guess there have been studies done where metformin may reduce the chance of miscarriages. After I m/c our twins about a year and a half ago I was put on it. My RE said it wouldn't hurt me or a fetus so he saw no reason for me not to take it "just in case." If you would like to be on the metformin I would try to get your Dr. to put you on it now because I think, and I could be wrong, but I think it takes about 3 months to fully build up in your system.
Good luck to you and if you have any more questions I'll do my best to answer them for you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 25 y.o. I was diagnosed with PCOS at age 19. My DH is 30, he is healthy as a horse. We have been TTC for just at two years now. We have had 3 mis...More

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.