Skip to content
TTC with Clomid and PCOS
FutureJ posted:
Well, I'm new to all of this.we have been TTC for about 6 months. I was diagnosed with PCOS in April. I have none of the visual signs of PCOS so you could say I was shocked. My cycles have always been regular until Dec, then I went 3 months without anything. Ever since April, I've been regular at about 35 days. I go tomorrow to meet with my doctor and hope to be put on Clomid. Anyone else out there with what I've heard termed "skinny pcos"? I find myself depressed at times and constantly wondering why me. Prayer helps but still doubt creeps in. Would appreciate any information or support. Thanks in advance.

CEB85 responded:
Hello and Welcome.
I am like you as I'm not the standard pcos patient. While I wouldn't call myself skinny I wasn't over weight, but I could easily gain weight if not careful. I don't have a lot of the "typical" physical appearances of pcos either.
I know how frustrating it can be especially when you're first diagnosed. But try to stay positive and know there are many different options available.
Clomid is always the first step and I hope it works for you. Are you seeing an RE or your ob/gyn?
Good luck to you and please feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer them for you.

prayforamiracle responded:
Welcome to the board. I know not everyone matches the "PCOS" picture, so I'm sure you were not expecting this. I know 35 days may seem long to you, but if you are regular with the 35 days cycles then that is a positive. I truly have never been regular expect when taking birth control. Clomid works for a lot of people, and is usually the first step to try. Hopefully you will have success with it and be on your way to motherhood. Hugs.
Prayforamiracle-Me(37)PCOS Dh(44)MFI TTC since 11/06. Only pregnancy ended in loss in July 2007. On 1500mg of Metformin. 1st IUI 1/12=BFN, 2nd IUI 2/12=BFN

Spotlight: Member Stories

2 surgeries, 1 failed IUI, 1 successful IVF and we're having twins due 7-18-12!!!!

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.