Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Diabetes
steelerfamily01 posted:
Hi everyone I've been a diabetic for over 32 years, and yes I still suck at it. It beats me all the time, but every once in awhile I surprise diabetes! I lost the feeling of my sugars 4 years ago which for me has been the worse, because I can be anywhere, anyplace and it happens! No matter what I do to control it.

My life with diabetes has been a difficult one, heart attack, pacemaker on board, nueropathy of the lower extremities - severe!, and I can honestly say the worse of it in the bloody fibromyalgia mixed with the neurapathy - it knocks me out!

Anyways just wanted to let the young people know who have been diagnosed with diabetes - take care of yourself NOW - it hits you later with a punch you could never believe.

Yes go to parties and if you need a drink - have it! just don't overdue its not worth it.....

hollicat responded:
I have been diabetic for 28 years and I seem to be getting worst at control than better. I lost my job of 20 years in 2008 . I have not found gainful employment since. At my age there really is nothing out there. Jobs are scarce and with 50 people applying for each job , the 30 & 40 years olds get hired before the 60 year old , do try to tell me there is not prejudice for older people.. The stress of trying to get work is leading me ignore good routines .

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed on 9/11 at 33 yrs old. No family history at all. Good control at first but not now. Seems I struggle every day with highs and lows. Li...More

Helpful Tips

school for teens
home school works better if you have diabetes and when your bg is high you loose a lot of ifo. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.