Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Vegie juice and type 1 diabetes
jano13 posted:
Hi all. I have been type1 diabetic for one year now due to the removal of my pancreas and wonder if anyone else drinks vegie juice.

mrscora01 responded:
I don't particularly like it, myself. You can pretty much eat anything you want with type 1. Within reason of course given your weight and activity level. Simply count the carbs, and take the required amount of insulin based on what you eat.

If you are looking for info about handling things, I would recommend the 2 books "Think Like a Pancreas" and "Using Insulin". They are "bibles" to insulin users.

Cora

An_258475 responded:
I had pancreas, spleen part of intestine and tummy taken out cp and sod. Was on insulin but islets started working so was taking off. Now my a1c is at 6.4. Think my islets are stopping. I did go back to eating too many carbs and sweets. I'm addicted to them. Besides cutting those out what else should I eat. I weigh 88 lbs. Not eating these anymore I'm going to lose more weight. Before I got sick I was 120's

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed on 9/11 at 33 yrs old. No family history at all. Good control at first but not now. Seems I struggle every day with highs and lows. Li...More

Helpful Tips

Diabetic type 1 for 19 years !
Ok well I've been diabetic since I was 11 months old and I just have a few tips for new diabetics -TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF! This I can't ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.