Skip to content
t1d how can i loose weight
sadness4 posted:
I am 33 and a type 1 diabetic since i was 27.... i've been on insuline ever since and i have gained weight.... i am pretty active... i eat well but those extra pounds do not want to leave....
Any advice??? Diet, exercice??? I want to go back to my pre-diabetic weight - 110 lbs..

mrscora01 responded:
Hi there. A couple of things. First of all, are you following an ADA type diet? Very carb heavy? To my mind that is kind of "old school" dating back to the days or R and N where you had to eat lots of carbs to feed the insulin.

I gained a lot of weight after my kidney transplant and took it off by eating moderate carb (100 - 120g per day), gradually tweaking my insulin downwards with the lower food, and mild exercise.

Also, just in general and non-d related, don't set numerical goals. Find a weight that is stable for you and you physically feel well. As I aged, my "good" weight changed and weights in your 20s are not necessarily appropriate for the rest of your life.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Cora

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been living with t1 for just about 30 yrs.

Helpful Tips

Diabetic type 1 for 19 years !
Ok well I've been diabetic since I was 11 months old and I just have a few tips for new diabetics -TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF! This I can't ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.