Skip to content

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page:

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at

place to talk?
    gizzard88 posted:
    Hello i'm Isaac type1 diabetic since i was 13 years old, i am 25 going on 26 now and i have yet to find a good place to chat with other diabetics, so i'm trying to start a social group for diabetics where we can actually talk! i know if i had some sort of support like this my life could have been a bit easier since none of my friends or family really took the time to understand my diabetes i've been at it alone. its a cam chat site where i hope people will go and make friends with other diabetics! hope to see you there
    gmg986 responded:
    I like this idea! Im 27 diabetic since I was 17. Will check this out!
    abinav responded:
    well, cool. the doctors at needstreet recently diagnosed me with type 1. It would be helping if we have a social group to talk about common issues. thanks a lot.
    karenD714 replied to abinav's response:
    Thats a great idea! When I was diagnosed 45 years ago I had noone who could relate to me! I rebelled for many years only to hurt myself!!! I suggest you talk to people who also have it so you can learn and wont feel alone.
    WilliamCuratio responded:
    Here is another place to talk! Exactly what you are describing..

Througout my childhood, my parents were very diligent in making sure that they knew everything they could about T1D; they researched, fundraised, and constantly developed relationships with other T1D affected people. Having friends on the same journey as me was one of the most beneficial things things to my health, and made me more able to cope with T1D. I decided I want to give back and help connect others who get what we're going through. I am now a moderator for a new online community called Curatio. They automatically matched me with people living with the same condition.
    I hope to see some of you there!

If you have an iPhone, download their free app here or access the website here

Spotlight: Member Stories

33yo female, married. Live in SE Michigan with my husband and 4 cats. Hobbies include social networking, gardening, black and white phorography, hik...More

Helpful Tips

Symlin and low blood sugars
    I've tried using Symlin several times, but I've never managed to get my insulin dosing to work with it. While using it I experienced some ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    10 of 21 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.