Skip to content
help for diabetese depression/burnout
lynzeev212 posted:
I'm looking for some help/input... I've been a type 1 diabetic for a lil over 18yrs and since last year I've been having that 'burnout / depression ' diabetes problem. I don't know how I can get out of it or what I can do.

mrscora01 responded:
Hi there and sorry it took me so long to answer you. I don't pop in here that often any more. Yup! T1 can be just sooooo much work. And I've also found, over the years, that you also end up getting abuse because once you are an adult, people think you are a T2 and wonder what you "did" to get it. Sigh.

While the T2 community here is great, Diabetes Daily has a huge number of type 1s and you can get some help. Very supportive. If I were you, I would also post here at WebMd on the "regular" diabetes board . There are a number of insulin users who can also help.

In the meantime, is there anything in particular I can help with or are you just feeling generally bad and not knowing where to start?

Cora

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 35 year old type 1 diabetic. I have felt under the weather for some time now. I went to the doctor last week and my A1C was 9.2. I was dehydrat...More

Helpful Tips

school for teens
home school works better if you have diabetes and when your bg is high you loose a lot of ifo. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.