Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
skin bumps on shaft
hihi25 posted:
Recently there have been almost bump looking on the shaft of my penis almost like where hair would have been but in places where hair does not grow. Both me and my G/F have been checked for STDS and are clear and the skin does not hurt and everything else is normal. what could it be?

counterso responded:
There are many skin bumps that occur on your penis for a number of reasons. It doesn't sound abnormal at all from your brief description. Don't squeeze it. It will probably go away by itself. It's not an STD. More likely it's just a sebaceous cyst or some other kind of spot. Leave it alone.

Only if it continues to get bigger or becomes painful would you need to see a urologist/doctor.

It's good that you pay attention to changes in your body, but in this case, it's nothing to worry about.

hihi25 replied to counterso's response:
thanks you very much, the bumps just look like dry skin or where follicles would be, nothing as changed or got worse. thanks again

Spotlight: Member Stories

Diagnosed with BXO (balanitis xerotica obliterans) in May 2011. I had a very sever case and had 4 surgeries and was in the hospital for 4 weeks.

Helpful Tips

What is this hard "vein" and swelling on my penis?
Veins in your penis will usually have a blue color, but sometimes you may have what looks like a "vein" appear that wasn't there before, ... More
Was this Helpful?
82 of 171 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.