Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Nodule of sorts on shaft
hihi25 posted:
Every once in a while i can feel a nodule or bump of sort on the shaft of my penis. It comes and goes and only "pops" up when i am erect and usually only comes around after intercourse. It doesnt hurt and does change. Any help would be great

counterso responded:
These are most likely just large sebaceous glands displaced by the erection of tissue below them. Nothing at all unusual going on. If you believe the nodule is larger than a oil/hair gland, then perhaps you have a small cyst in the skin, perhaps a previously infected gland that became a scar. You can certainly see a doctor to check it out, but it does not sound consequential from your description.

hihi25 replied to counterso's response:
thanks that what i thought from my research as well. It comes and goes with activity, but I wanted a second opinion. Its actually under the skin though.

Thanks again

counterso replied to hihi25's response:
Yes, under the skin is where these glands exist.

Spotlight: Member Stories

65 years young and just trying to do the right thing. At my age I just can't afford any mistakes.

Helpful Tips

What is this hard "vein" and swelling on my penis?
Veins in your penis will usually have a blue color, but sometimes you may have what looks like a "vein" appear that wasn't there before, ... More
Was this Helpful?
82 of 171 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.