Skip to content
Urine drop after peeing.
An_239783 posted:
I happen to have had a bit of scare tonight. i was caught in one of those situations where you need to poop and pee at the same time. So instead of change position i just push the head of my penis down and went as i normally would. But right after i finished and let go the pressure i saw a drop of blood. I didnt think much of it, till i read the internet and saw what blood in urine means. about 2 hours after i drank some more water went to pee this time though after i finished peeing i saw a little bit of blood come out. a small pain which went away like 3 mins after. any advise what it can be kinda freaked out.

counterso responded:
Blood is always scary, and a sign of a problem, but not always a serious problem. What you experienced is not uncommon, and in this case a wait-and-see attitude is probably all you need. There are a dozen reasons you might have a little bit of blood in your urine, and if you search through this forum you can probably find most of them.

The point is, good for you for paying attention. Now, unless the amount of blood increases, or continues to be present for more than a couple days, there's probably nothing to worry about. It will heal and go away on its own. It's not difficult to do yourself a small injury that bursts some capillaries or made a small tear in your urethra (strenuous exercise, bicycling, sitting on a hard object, masturbating too roughly, etcetera).

In the meantime, you will probably have some burning sensation after urinating for a couple days while it heals, as the urine flow races over the small irritated area. Probably best not to fiddle with it, and also don't be afraid to urinate. Just like biting your cheek by accident, you just have to let it heal.

If the blood becomes profuse, or it lasts more than a couple days, then something else is probably going on and you need to treat it like an emergency. Remember that an ER doc is not going to know what to do, so go straight to a urologist.

Men don't talk much about things that happen to their penises, so it's not very likely (outside of a forum like this) that you would know what's going on. You might erroneously think it was an STD or something else. Anyway, again, good to notice, but for now relax, and see how it goes in the next couple days before panicking and running to the doctor.

djtoxicdance replied to counterso's response:
yea it turns out now that time has passed it wasn't anything. I haven't seen any blood since it happened. also to be safe i did go to the doctor and he told me the same exact thing. so all checks out good thanks though.

enrique42 replied to djtoxicdance's response:
Sorry to bother you, but how long did the healing process take? I'm having the same problem but it has probably been going on for about 5 days. I'm also trying not to mess with it to much and it happened when I had to poop and pee at the same time and after I pee a few tiny drops of blood ooze out. Any help would be nice thanks.

counterso replied to enrique42's response:
Enrique, if it lasts more than a day or two at the most, you need to see the doctor. Five days is a persistent problem that requires seeing the urologist.

enrique42 replied to counterso's response:
It doesn't seem to hurt when I pee though and I'm 14 I don't necessarily want to talk to my dad about this considering this is embarrassing and I think it could be from masturbation so I have started to stop that and it seems to help a little bit so can this happen from masturbation? And can it heal by itself

Yes, it can be caused by masturbation, but there can also be more sinister causes. If the drop of blood did not go away in a day or two, this really MUST be taken to a urologist. And I do understand that you might be embarrassed, but you only get one penis. Most things that happen to penises must be taken care of right away or they may not be able to be fixed if you let them drag on.

You need to COMPLETELY stop masturbating any time you have an injury to your penis. That should be obvious. None, zero.

At 14, it's probably more likely related to some athletic activity, sitting on your foot, riding a bike, lifting something too heavy, or other normal cause of injury, but still not cool. You don't have to be embarrassed to talk to your parents about your body. It's not like they want to inspect it themselves. And it's totally their job to make sure you're taken care of at all times. It's no different than if you had a ingrown toenail and didn't tell your parents and ended up with a bad infection. A urologist is not going to be any more embarrassed about your penis than an podiatrist is about your toe. Both are really important to fix.

You can start with a "Hey Dad, I think I might need to see a doctor because even though I don't think there was any kind of injury, there's a little blood coming out after I pee, and I need to know it's nothing serious." And if he wants to ask more questions, just tell him you think it's kind of embarrassing and would feel more comfortable talking to the doctor about it.

Keep in mind your pediatrician or general practitioner is not going to know what's going on, so you do need to see a urologist. And it's not something you should wait two weeks to do either. These things need to be seen while they're going on.

So some of the less pleasant things that could be going on if it's not an injury are things like kidney stone formation. I know nothing about your overall health so it's totally guessing at this point. Another possibility is severe constipation, bowel movements so large that they cause an internal problem of bleeding. Those are just a couple things.

Anyway, you really MUST have your parents take you to the urologist. If you don't want to say what's going on at all, just tell them you are worried and too embarrassed to get into it, and need an appointment and will talk to your parents about it later after you see the doctor.

enrique42 replied to counterso's response:
I've noticed blood only shows after peeing while sitting down and I just noticed that the blood has died down if this has happened do you think this can heal itself

This is most likely a physical issue that will not heal itself without intervention from the doctor. Because it happens under a specific physical strain, that means it is likely to persist until the underlying issue is corrected. See a urologist promptly. Be sure to include this information. It will not just go away. Talk to your parents TODAY. Chronic, meaning repeated, injury that is causing this bleeding will likely make the situation worse with each repeat and can lead to things like scar tissue formation, which is worse than what is happening now.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am a 25 year old male and i have alot of medical problems.To start with i have rhumatoid arthritis, bulging discs and degenerative disc disease in m...More

Helpful Tips

Skin burning in my left waist area at belt level
Does any professional know about a condition with symptoms of skin burning in my left waist area at pants belt level? I have had this for ... More
Was this Helpful?
43 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.