Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up

Pain reoccurance afer varicocelectomy
wgiraldi83 posted:
Hello, I'm a 28 yo male, healthy, and non-smoker. I had a varicose vein in the left side of my scrotom corrected via surgery in Jan 2010. A few months passed by and all was fine. I haven't lifted anything heavy to aggrevate the issue either. It bothered me off an on for a little while and took 2 Motrin for the pain since it was mild. I saw the same urologist today that did the surgery and mentioned it to him and he went through the normal routine but he couldn't tell exactly what was wrong. He told me to take Aleve twice a day for two weeks and wear more conforming underwear for support around the area since boxers don't provide it (a great short-term fix for the problem). Then, after 2 weeks, if it's still bothering me, he wants me to get an ultrasound done to find out if that'll pick anything up.

Does anyone else have this issue?
What are my options?
counterso responded:
It sounds like you already have care from a urologist. Follow his instructions. The anti-inflammatory he recommended is probably enough for the moment, but call your doctor promptly if it doesn't help or things change.

Spotlight: Member Stories

65 years young and just trying to do the right thing. At my age I just can't afford any mistakes.

Helpful Tips

Skin burning in my left waist area at belt level
Does any professional know about a condition with symptoms of skin burning in my left waist area at pants belt level? I have had this for ... More
Was this Helpful?
43 of 64 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.