Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pain reoccurance afer varicocelectomy
wgiraldi83 posted:
Hello, I'm a 28 yo male, healthy, and non-smoker. I had a varicose vein in the left side of my scrotom corrected via surgery in Jan 2010. A few months passed by and all was fine. I haven't lifted anything heavy to aggrevate the issue either. It bothered me off an on for a little while and took 2 Motrin for the pain since it was mild. I saw the same urologist today that did the surgery and mentioned it to him and he went through the normal routine but he couldn't tell exactly what was wrong. He told me to take Aleve twice a day for two weeks and wear more conforming underwear for support around the area since boxers don't provide it (a great short-term fix for the problem). Then, after 2 weeks, if it's still bothering me, he wants me to get an ultrasound done to find out if that'll pick anything up.

Does anyone else have this issue?
What are my options?

counterso responded:
It sounds like you already have care from a urologist. Follow his instructions. The anti-inflammatory he recommended is probably enough for the moment, but call your doctor promptly if it doesn't help or things change.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Diagnosed with BXO (balanitis xerotica obliterans) in May 2011. I had a very sever case and had 4 surgeries and was in the hospital for 4 weeks.

Helpful Tips

What is this hard "vein" and swelling on my penis?
Veins in your penis will usually have a blue color, but sometimes you may have what looks like a "vein" appear that wasn't there before, ... More
Was this Helpful?
82 of 171 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.