Skip to content
Testicular pain
An_241225 posted:
I am 20 years old.[br>I've had a pain in my right testicle along with a slight swelling about a month ago. The doc said it might be due to stress. Ever since that, there has been a constant pain all along the lower right half of my body. Though the selling has gone, the pain is still there. [br>I don't do weights nor am i much into sports. [br>Can cancer be ruled out?
counterso responded:
That doctor sounds like a nincompoop. Pain in the scrotum is considered an emergency situation, especially if it lasts more than a day. Constant pain is of an even greater concern and that it has persisted for a month is shocking that you have not been back to the doctor to resolve and explain the issue. Clearly the first doctor is not the right one to see. A general practitioner knows about as much about your genitals as you know about the details of carrot farming.

In the case of your genitals, you should start with a specialist, a urologist. And now that your swelling has disappeared but the pain persisted, it's critical you see a more qualified physician right away. Your body has been telling you for at least a month that something is seriously wrong, and you've done almost nothing about it.

Why everyone thinks of cancer first I have no idea. Testicular cancer is not painful, and is usually detected by manual inspection finding a hard knot or lump on the surface of one of your testes. You can do a TSE (testicular self-examination) to check yourself. Instructions can be found online. Besides the improbability of your cancer suggestion, you may simply have an infection, such as epididymitis, or you could have a hernia, or you could have an impinged nerve. It could be a lot of things, but just enduring the pain and hoping it resolves itself is foolish.

Go see a different doctor today and get a real answer.
Anon_158017 replied to counterso's response:
Serisouly, testicular pain is no laughing matter and much less if it has gone one for over a month. I once had pain just like what you are describing and i went to the urologist who gave me antibiotics for epydidimitis even though i didnt have other symptoms related to chlamydia o other STDS. the pain didnt stop after the antibiotics and i ended up in the emergency room for sever back, scrotum and leg pain, especially on the right side of my body. Turned out i had a compacted L1.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am a 25 year old male and i have alot of medical problems.To start with i have rhumatoid arthritis, bulging discs and degenerative disc disease in m...More

Helpful Tips

Hey you will probably never read this but this helped me a lot thanks I got so worried still checking with doctor because it's still there ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.