Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Difficulty Ejaculating
An_241604 posted:
The last four weeks I have had problems being able to ejaculate (Orgasm) I have been able to get hard but even with manual and oral stimulation I cannot reach the point of ejacualtion. Note four weeks ago I had major dental work and still have pain- sometimes severe. Also I have enorged (large) veins in my scrotum - this issue was discovered in 06 and comes and goes. The pain in the scortum also started four weeks ago. Could these two issues be causing my problem? WJD

counterso responded:
YES.

Pain is a notorious short-circuit for the reproductive system. Your body registers pain as danger, meaning unsafe to produce children, and can shut down "normal" function of your reproductive system (libido, erections, response to stimulus). The varicocele, once it becomes painful, requires surgery, which you report it has.

Make sure you see a urologist who is a qualified microsurgeon to treat the varicocele. Surgery in that area will also set you back from "trauma" until it has fully healed several weeks afterwards.

Do not delay in addressing the pain (both). Pain in the scrotum is considered an EMERGENCY situation.

Spotlight: Member Stories

65 years young and just trying to do the right thing. At my age I just can't afford any mistakes.

Helpful Tips

Skin burning in my left waist area at belt level
Does any professional know about a condition with symptoms of skin burning in my left waist area at pants belt level? I have had this for ... More
Was this Helpful?
43 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.