Skip to content
Can constipation cause penis pain ?
Black109 posted:
I've had a problem that won't go away for the past 7 months. I am suffering from incredible sharp pain that won't go away in my urethra. It feels as if a needle is sticking in it. I've also been getting pain just above my pelvic bone, especially after urinating. I've been going to a urologist and so far nothing we tried has worked. We've done anti-fungal stuff, antibiotics, A cystoscopy, a CT scan, a prostate exam. Everything seems to be coming out normal. We're going under the assumption that it may be some kind of prostate infection but from what I read about them, they also cause trouble urinating as well and I have no problem with that. I also have been suffering from constipation a lot more than usual. Could the constipation be causing my urethra pain ? I have a feeling that there may be a link because I took a stool softener and within about 12 hours, my urethra pain shot up a thousand fold for some reason. I'm beginning to think that when I have a bowel movement that it's somehow massively irritating or damaging my urethra and or prostate. Is this a possibility ? I've looked all over and have not noticed any kind of link listed. I cannot live with this pain forever ! I need it to stop ! It's excruciating and it's gone on long enough !
Black109 responded:
Add to the above, pain behind my testicles as well. It feels like I've been kicked in the groin.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am a 25 year old male and i have alot of medical problems.To start with i have rhumatoid arthritis, bulging discs and degenerative disc disease in m...More

Helpful Tips

Skin burning in my left waist area at belt level
Does any professional know about a condition with symptoms of skin burning in my left waist area at pants belt level? I have had this for ... More
Was this Helpful?
43 of 64 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.