Skip to content
Article By WebMD's Denise Mann On Andropause
godofredo posted:
There is an article by this individual (I'm not sure that's a real name, but one made up in order to be able to write about men's health) on the CBS News website about andropause. It is the worst kind of journalism and underscores the problem we have with the media when it comes to men's health issues. Next time WebMD wants to write about a men's health issue, the author should be a man, the doctor who okays the article should have some expertise related to men's health and should also be man. The article was poorly researched (where was any discussion of male osteoporosis, for example) and was clearly written from a female perspective--critiquing andropause in the context of female menopause (thus, the use of the term "male menopause"). Rather than deleting my post, I hope WebMD "man's up" and does the right thing here.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Diagnosed with BXO (balanitis xerotica obliterans) in May 2011. I had a very sever case and had 4 surgeries and was in the hospital for 4 weeks.

Helpful Tips

Skin burning in my left waist area at belt level
Does any professional know about a condition with symptoms of skin burning in my left waist area at pants belt level? I have had this for ... More
Was this Helpful?
43 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.