Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Penis Anomaly
Anon_158017 posted:
Hello Everyone,

I am 26 years old uncircumcised male. About 4 months ago I noticed what would best be explained as a ring on the right side near the opening of my urethra. The bottom side of said ring is what I would call a wrinkle; it actually is an indent from the rest of the topography of my penis (like a trench about 2 mms long). The left side is made by the border of the skin around the opening to the urethra. The rest of the "ring" seems like other smaller lines.
This ring is visible under certain light which imp guessing makes shadows which make it possible to see. The inside of the "ring" is not discolored and there is no texture aside from the indent which I explained beforehand. I have compared with other parts of my penis and the texture and color is similar in other areas. This ring often changes shape or is better o harder to see depending on my penis size (cold or not) or after I've had an orgasm. It's visible when I have an erection and has no texture to it, just the indentation on one side.
I have had both my dermatologist as well as my family doctor look at it. My dermatologist said it's a normal part of the "topography" of my penis and develops as men age. My family doctor, which is specialized in infectious diseases didn't see anything odd and actually had trouble seeing what I was talking about.
I have had STD exams done about a year ago and everything has come out negative. I had another general blood test exam done about 2 months ago for a general check up and everything came out great.
I've been known to be somewhat of a hypochondriac and even though the doctors have told me that it's nothing to worry about I still do and would like to know what it is, I mean it is my penis after all.
I remember a while back I was wearing some tight pajamas and had an erection at night and woke up because of the pain because my pajamas were constricting my penis near the area where I now have this ring. Could that be it, or as my dermatologist said it's a normal part of the topography of my penis?
For all I know, it could have been there forever I've just recently started giving myself monthly check ups for testicular cancer and the likes.
Thanks for the help.

counterso responded:
Yes, it certainly could have been there all along and only now have you decided to obsess about it. Your dermatologist should be an expert on whose professional opinion you can rely. If you are unsatisfied with his response, visit a urologist and get confirmation. After all, you should have confidence when it comes to your penis. However, penises appear with hundreds of thousands of variations. Only because you're not exposed to the variety do you likely have such concerns. Vanity over the appearance of your penis is not uncommon, however it is usually of no real concern.

Anon_158017 replied to counterso's response:
I think your absolutely right. In fact, my dermatologist said its in my head and when i point out what i was talking about. And all research ive done on the itnernet leads to nothing, especially when comparing. I have a problem with trusting expert advice in general, when i get tests done i often panic about them having being done right or not, so i end up drowning in a glass of water.
Thanks for the help i apreciate it.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Diagnosed with BXO (balanitis xerotica obliterans) in May 2011. I had a very sever case and had 4 surgeries and was in the hospital for 4 weeks.

Helpful Tips

Skin burning in my left waist area at belt level
Does any professional know about a condition with symptoms of skin burning in my left waist area at pants belt level? I have had this for ... More
Was this Helpful?
43 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.