Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Swelling above testicle
    An_241894 posted:
    I took a knee right about my left testicle today. There is a lot of swelling right above the left testicle. The swollen spot and testicle is very sore to touch.

sie7e responded:
    Ice it off, but you should deff see a doctor because trauma to the testicle can cause severe problems if not checked.

counterso replied to sie7e's response:
    NEVER ice your genitals! Go to the hospital immediately, you have trauma and it needs to be addressed. Sie7e is correct that you must see a doctor because trauma needs to be treated immediately to prevent permanent damage.

sie7e replied to counterso's response:
    Im sorry, i have been told on more than one ocasion to ice my genitals, never directly always through a cloth or something. but i have repeatedly iced my genitals and been told to do so by a urologist.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Diagnosed with BXO (balanitis xerotica obliterans) in May 2011. I had a very sever case and had 4 surgeries and was in the hospital for 4 weeks.

Helpful Tips

penis vibration mostly cured
    Just want to thank everyone for their posts. I thought I was dying. Maybe I had brain, spinal, or penile cancer. Reading your posts I ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 1 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.