Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Swelling above testicle
An_241894 posted:
I took a knee right about my left testicle today. There is a lot of swelling right above the left testicle. The swollen spot and testicle is very sore to touch.

sie7e responded:
Ice it off, but you should deff see a doctor because trauma to the testicle can cause severe problems if not checked.

counterso replied to sie7e's response:
NEVER ice your genitals! Go to the hospital immediately, you have trauma and it needs to be addressed. Sie7e is correct that you must see a doctor because trauma needs to be treated immediately to prevent permanent damage.

sie7e replied to counterso's response:
Im sorry, i have been told on more than one ocasion to ice my genitals, never directly always through a cloth or something. but i have repeatedly iced my genitals and been told to do so by a urologist.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Diagnosed with BXO (balanitis xerotica obliterans) in May 2011. I had a very sever case and had 4 surgeries and was in the hospital for 4 weeks.

Helpful Tips

What is this hard "vein" and swelling on my penis?
Veins in your penis will usually have a blue color, but sometimes you may have what looks like a "vein" appear that wasn't there before, ... More
Was this Helpful?
77 of 166 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.