Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Genital discomfort, not infection
An_241960 posted:
HI, I went to urgent care the other day because I had persistent penis discomfort (it's been happening for a week and a half) and I was expecting to be diagnosed with a bladder infection, but after taking a urine test, the results were negative. Some factors that might be at play is the fact that I wore tight thermal wear bottoms while exercising shortly before the problems appeared and I was also sleeping in the same clothing. It seems to get better when I drink a lot of water. One factor might be that I also have acid reflux which has become particularly agitated lately. Also, I've taken prilosec for several years as well as fiber pills and omega 3s. I also took acidophilis/bifidus pills and aloe vera juice recently.

Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated

counterso responded:
You'll need to be more descriptive of what you mean by "discomfort" for us to begin to understand what's going on.

Fresh clothing is important. There are at least three reasons clothing can be irritating to your body.

Spotlight: Member Stories

65 years young and just trying to do the right thing. At my age I just can't afford any mistakes.

Helpful Tips

Skin burning in my left waist area at belt level
Does any professional know about a condition with symptoms of skin burning in my left waist area at pants belt level? I have had this for ... More
Was this Helpful?
43 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.