Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Need Help
mahoni35 posted:
I am suffering from frequent urination and burning to the shaft on the inside of my penis. I have done all these test cystoscopy, prostate test(psa= 0.3) several urine test with one of the urine samples detecting a trace of blood antibiotics was given and the blood trace went. I have test my bladder and kidneys and they are ok. Next problem i am having is when i am sitting down i am feeling a discomfort on the left side of my battox that give a shooting pain in my leg and sometime burning of the foot bottom this discomfort will ease up once i am not sitting. Please advise.

counterso responded:
This sounds like a nerve issue, especially if you have a shooting pain from your buttocks to your foot. Have you seen a neurologist to check your sciatic nerve for inflammation?

Understand that internal pain, especially intense pain, often confuses the signal read by your brain and appears to come from someplace that isn't actually the source.

If you are having some kind of sciatic nerve issue, it could trigger a false sensation in your bladder making you have feelings of urgency or burning, and it could also explain the shooting pain when you sit.

Honestly, the shooting pain is far more concerning than your other symptoms, and your GP or neurologist should check that out first. If the two things are related, dealing with the larger nerve issue will address both.

In the meantime, you can take something like AZO Standard (an over the counter tablet), which will numb the burning sensation, since your doctor seems to have indicated this is not an infection.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am a 25 year old male and i have alot of medical problems.To start with i have rhumatoid arthritis, bulging discs and degenerative disc disease in m...More

Helpful Tips

What is this hard "vein" and swelling on my penis?
Veins in your penis will usually have a blue color, but sometimes you may have what looks like a "vein" appear that wasn't there before, ... More
Was this Helpful?
82 of 171 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.