Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Testicular Pain/Cord Stripping
ah01976 posted:
--Hi, all. In March, I am going to see my Urologist to see about getting the above procedure done. I've taken virtually all the pain/nerve medications to stop this pain I've had in my testicles for over two years now. No pain med seems to really help. I have also had a cord block done with gave me relief, but for only two weeks or so. So now, I hope this "Cord Stripping" will help. For all of you guys that have had this procedure done, what is your experience with it?

--Finally, I am having trouble finding much info. about cord stripping on the internet. I would like to read about all the steps involved, even pictures, recovery time, and maybe even an F.A.Q. as well. Please tell me ANYTHING I might need/want to know.

--Thanks for your help.

counterso responded:
Unfortunately this Exchange is not monitored in the way that a forum where lots of people hang out might read daily questions and answer you. Your question is quite unique, and unfortunately I doubt you will get any reply at all with information useful to you. I suggest you direct your questions to your urologist's office. The nurse there should be able to direct you to information that will set your expectations. The internet doesn't know everything, and this uncommon procedure is one of those things it doesn't know.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Diagnosed with BXO (balanitis xerotica obliterans) in May 2011. I had a very sever case and had 4 surgeries and was in the hospital for 4 weeks.

Helpful Tips

optimizing testosterone therapy
The following is my opinion and observations ONLY based on over 15 years of testosterone therapy. It's a life-long constant ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 5 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.