Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Kidney Stones
keyoda2 posted:
Ok my husband has kidney stones. Normal they pass in a day. He has been to the ER three times now in the past week. Can you get more that one stone going through in one week?

counterso responded:
Absolutely. You can have as many stones as have calcified because of poor diet and lack of water. Most of them you will probably never see because they're smaller than a grain of sand, but the big ones, painful as they may be, are much better passed than stuck.

You may find a wealth of information (3000 pages) at this research web site about the topic http://www.urologystone.com

Fortunately kidney stone formation can be well managed and treated. An immediate change in diet is important, as well as many other things, to minimize recurrence.

Your husband should not be visiting the ER. He should be seeing a urologist immediately and be under their care.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had prostate removed 5 yrs. I have had incontinence every since. I had colligen placed near my bladder two times.No luck. I had mesh sling surgicall...More

Helpful Tips

What is this hard "vein" and swelling on my penis?
Veins in your penis will usually have a blue color, but sometimes you may have what looks like a "vein" appear that wasn't there before, ... More
Was this Helpful?
82 of 171 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.