Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
urethra question
An_243811 posted:
The portion of the urethra that is in the penis, is just one 'channel' correct?

Last night, I was watching a movie (of the adult variety) and the camera angle was such that you were looking directly at the tip of the penis, and it was engorged so that you could actually see the hole was open a bit... or should I say, the holes. This guy clearly had two channels, like a number 8, or a double barrel shot gun.

What am I missing here? Did he have some weird condition, or maybe some kind of male enhancement surgery or something? Because there is just one hole, and one channel in there right? There's not one path for semen, and one for urine...is it?

counterso responded:
It is a fairly common malformation of the penis where there are multiple openings called hypospadias. Some are more dramatic than others, and some are functional while others are not. It is not two urethras, just multiple openings of the same one because during fetal development, the urethra did not close fully along the seam you see running from perenium to head of penis.

An_243811 replied to counterso's response:
Very Interesting! Thank you! I really find these medical subject matters fascinating, but I'm too queasy about medical stuff to do much research on my own

Spotlight: Member Stories

Diagnosed with BXO (balanitis xerotica obliterans) in May 2011. I had a very sever case and had 4 surgeries and was in the hospital for 4 weeks.

Helpful Tips

semen color
last few days i noticed that the color of my semen turned yellowish from white. is it a serious problem More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.