Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

urethra question
    An_243811 posted:
    The portion of the urethra that is in the penis, is just one 'channel' correct?

Last night, I was watching a movie (of the adult variety) and the camera angle was such that you were looking directly at the tip of the penis, and it was engorged so that you could actually see the hole was open a bit... or should I say, the holes. This guy clearly had two channels, like a number 8, or a double barrel shot gun.

What am I missing here? Did he have some weird condition, or maybe some kind of male enhancement surgery or something? Because there is just one hole, and one channel in there right? There's not one path for semen, and one for urine...is it?

counterso responded:
    It is a fairly common malformation of the penis where there are multiple openings called hypospadias. Some are more dramatic than others, and some are functional while others are not. It is not two urethras, just multiple openings of the same one because during fetal development, the urethra did not close fully along the seam you see running from perenium to head of penis.

An_243811 replied to counterso's response:
    Very Interesting! Thank you! I really find these medical subject matters fascinating, but I'm too queasy about medical stuff to do much research on my own

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had prostate removed 5 yrs. I have had incontinence every since. I had colligen placed near my bladder two times.No luck. I had mesh sling surgicall...More

Helpful Tips

Pain in Manhood
    I been to hospitals and clinics for the treatment and said Gonorrhea and just the last one i have visited said Urethritis. I have been ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.