Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
STD Scare
An_243942 posted:
I think I may have some type of STD or UTI. I had unprotected sex 12 days ago. For the last 24 hours, the tip of my penis has been very sensistive. Burning pain is rare, only if something such as pubic hair enters the urethra.

However, there is a constant not painful, but awkward and annoying sensation in the head and tip of the penis. It is not painful to urinate, and there has been no discharge. Additionally my urine is normal, and not cloudy.

However, I have a constant urge to urinate. In the last couple hours my testicles have begun to be tender and ache. Additionally I carefully opened my penis so I could see >1cm into my urethra. The first 1cm or so seems normal, however beyond that their appears to a mild inflammation.

All of my friends seem to think I am fine and everything is mental, and they physical affects are from vigorous masturbation from yesterday morning (which occurred).

counterso responded:
It could be either thing. And you probably should not be probing your own urethra, as you're likely to cause more irritation. Since you're not accustomed to what it's supposed to look like, you're not a good judge of normal tissue appearance.

Having unprotected sex was your first mistake. You can go to any free STD clinic and get tested, which is what you should do immediately. If there are no free clinics, your poor decision will then cost you a little money. Do not let the suspicion of an STD go unchecked or it will cause more problems than dealing with it today. And they determine there is no infection, you have a different issue to deal with. Regardless, after any unprotected sex you put yourself on the list to get tested. There are plenty of STDs that don't have outward symptoms and need to be checked medically on a regular schedule if you are having unprotected sex at any time.

An STD does not always manifest with every common symptom. It could be as simple as a yeast infection.

Obviously you know what the mistake was, but now you have to handle your health with the kind of thought that was previously lacking.

Otherwise, it is still possible that your injured yourself with overly aggressive masturbation. Another thing you should be more mindful of and think ahead enough to use lubrication and not work at it so hard you injure yourself. Your penis is a delicate organ, even though you may treat it like a rod of steel. It's far from it, and much more easily injured than expected.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Diagnosed with BXO (balanitis xerotica obliterans) in May 2011. I had a very sever case and had 4 surgeries and was in the hospital for 4 weeks.

Helpful Tips

Regarding erectile pain.
I was experiencing pain when I had erections. It was like a muscle strain sort of feeling. I was concerned until I figured out why I was ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.