Skip to content
Brief left groin pain
blizzard03 posted:
Over the past 3 days, I've been experiencing a very brief, but sharp pain in my left groin when commencing urination. Once urine flow is established, the pain goes away. There is no blood and I have no urgency to urinate. I did some heavy lifting for the first time in a while on Sunday, and I started to experience these symptoms soon after.

Could this be due to a simple muscle strain, or could it be something else (like a kidney stone or UTI)?

counterso responded:
It could be either of the things you suggested, however it's more likely you have done yourself an injury from heavy lifting that could be more serious than a muscle strain. If it has not resolved itself entirely within a week, you need to see a physician as you may have created a hernia.

jose1cortez replied to counterso's response:
my pain only comes after i urinate and i havent done any heavy lifting lately and i dont have any other systoms or pain but only last for about 2 or 3minutes

counterso replied to jose1cortez's response:
There are a number of other kinds of injuries that could be related to this pain. Regardless, your pain is a very specific signal to see the doctor, in this case a urologist. Do not delay. Even brief pain is a specific alert that something is serious and in need of attention. It does not have to be related to hernia (from lifting), and could be any one of three other things that immediately come to mind. Without more information or an exam, it would be difficult to guess exactly which.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Diagnosed with BXO (balanitis xerotica obliterans) in May 2011. I had a very sever case and had 4 surgeries and was in the hospital for 4 weeks.

Helpful Tips

Skin burning in my left waist area at belt level
Does any professional know about a condition with symptoms of skin burning in my left waist area at pants belt level? I have had this for ... More
Was this Helpful?
43 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.