Skip to content
Might have passed a kidney stone?
An_244137 posted:
I'm a 22 year old Male. Yesterday, I didn't sleep much, I was trying to fix my sleeping schedule as it's a mess. This morning, after sleeping 10+ hours, I woke up and felt very tired. My body didn't hurt, except maybe my head, and I thought I must be exhausted from not sleeping the entire day before. I told my wife that I was still sleepy, so i went back to sleep. I slept about an extra 2-3 hours, and when I woke up, I still felt pretty tired. I also felt pretty warm, and thought I might have caught something, considering that my symptoms were similar to that of a flu. I drank coffee in hopes of staying awake, and I just started to pee pretty often. I thought it might have been 'cause of the coffee, but then suddenly, while I was using the restroom, I sort of peed something thick, and I felt like it was force out, and I suddenly started peeing blood, and what looks to be blood clots. It did hurt a little when it came out, and now I'm peeing blood/blood clots, though it doesn't necessarily hurt, just burns a little bit. I asked my parents, and my dad suggested that I might have peed a kidney stone. (Since I did feel like something was forced out) My body doesn't hurt, though a sort of headache does persist, though it's not a bad one, and I do still feel a little warm. What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

Anon_527 responded:
An internet message board is not the place to come for solutions to problems like this. Hopefully you have already contacted your doctor for medical assistance.

counterso replied to Anon_527's response:
Hopefully you took the advice of the previous respondent. Any blood outside the body is a bad thing and a literal red flag that medical attention is required.

An_244137 replied to counterso's response:
Hi guys, thanks for responding. I did go to a doctor, and my doctor explained that I may have very well passed a kidney stone, and prescribed medication for the infection, etc. The days following the incident, I was starting to get a lot better, but I went to the doctor's anyway 'cause it doesn't hurt to have some extra help from the medication. Thanks for your responses. I knew I needed to go to a doctor, I only came here so that I could get, "Sounds like you passed a stone, you should go see a doctor." replies.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Diagnosed with BXO (balanitis xerotica obliterans) in May 2011. I had a very sever case and had 4 surgeries and was in the hospital for 4 weeks.

Helpful Tips

Regarding erectile pain.
I was experiencing pain when I had erections. It was like a muscle strain sort of feeling. I was concerned until I figured out why I was ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.