Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
dry and itchy skin on penis and testicles
An_244254 posted:
had now dry and itchy skin on penis and testicles. i had no idea which medicine could care it. i got a lot of scrapes due to scratching. this problem is mainly major at night while i get slept. i will eagerly looking for your wonderful suggestion

counterso responded:
This is not specifically a urology issue, it's a dermatology issue. Treat your skin in your groin area with the same care you would any other part of your skin.

If you think it is a skin infection (yeast infection, fungus, jock itch) and not just dryness, there are many over-the-counter products to try from powder to creams. Do not use antibiotic ointments on your genitals.

DO NOT SCRATCH!

yosi73 replied to counterso's response:
appreciate your wonderful suggestion. i would pleased to apply it. besides, i also had the itching sensation underneath of testicles after masterbation. it had been the problem for many years. could i get any advice concerning to this problem?

Anon_527 replied to yosi73's response:
The advice would be to see a dermatologist.

counterso replied to Anon_527's response:
Absolutely see a dermatologist. There is NO excuse for allowing a health issue to persist for years. Long-term skin irritations can turn into scars and can lead to permanent skin damage.

yosi73 replied to Anon_527's response:
thanks a lot for your valuable suggestion

yosi73 replied to counterso's response:
thanks a ton, i respect your great suggestion

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am a 25 year old male and i have alot of medical problems.To start with i have rhumatoid arthritis, bulging discs and degenerative disc disease in m...More

Helpful Tips

Skin burning in my left waist area at belt level
Does any professional know about a condition with symptoms of skin burning in my left waist area at pants belt level? I have had this for ... More
Was this Helpful?
43 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.