Skip to content


    Attention All WebMD Community Members:

    These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place:

    Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

    Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

    1. Head over to this page:

    2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

    3. Start posting

    Have questions? Email us anytime at

    Line of painful scar tissue in scrotum post surgery.
    AceofTexas posted:
    10 weeks ago, I had a radical orchiectomy with bi lateral prosthetic replacement surgery. The surgical incision was approximately 2" midline on my scrotum down the raphe. In the beginning there was a lot of swelling and a hard "knot" of fibrous tissue forming under the scar. Most of that has gone away, however a small line of that is left, under the incision line, approx. 5-6 mm from the dermas. It is very hard and feels like a line of beads. What can I do to get rid of it. I have tried massaging since the stitches came out, and it has helped, but thats but not enough. It has an irritating feeling and can be about a 2 level of pain if touched wrong. Thanks.
    counterso responded:
    I'm sorry, this is not really a urology issue. Please contact your surgeon to report ANY discomfort or side effects from your surgery.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    65 years young and just trying to do the right thing. At my age I just can't afford any mistakes.

    Helpful Tips

    check out a compound pharmacy for your testosterone replacement.
    Whether you're needing a 5mg or 0.5mg daily dose, you will probably save a lot of money by using a local coumpounding pharmacy. Compare ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 7 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.