Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
blood in semen
aphrodite2012 posted:
I recently had intercourse with a man who I've had intercourse with before and when he ejaculated a large amount of bright red blood was mixed in with his semen. He's 40 and said that this only happened one other time when he was 18. He is sexually active with other women but he says he uses a condom with them. Should I be concerned that this could be a sign of a sexually transmitted disease and if so which one?

counterso responded:
It is not an STD, but he needs emergency care from a urologist. It is a literal bright red flag that something is quite wrong. While scary, it may not be sinister, although it most certainly should not be ignored to wait and see if it gets better. He needs an appointment today.

aphrodite2012 replied to counterso's response:
Thank you, I will surely forward this info to him asap

Spotlight: Member Stories

65 years young and just trying to do the right thing. At my age I just can't afford any mistakes.

Helpful Tips

Skin burning in my left waist area at belt level
Does any professional know about a condition with symptoms of skin burning in my left waist area at pants belt level? I have had this for ... More
Was this Helpful?
43 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.