Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tiny cut on penis. Help please
An_246082 posted:
Hey Everyone, [br>[br>A few months ago, I had sex with a girl with a NuvaRing. I was a little bit drunk at the time and didn't put much care into the sex. Something felt a little bit strange during and immediately after. The next morning, I discovered a very small cut just below the head. I freaked out about it and went to a doctor immediately. The doctor promised me nothing was wrong and gave me some cream to apply. He indicated it would take 7-10 days to heal and that I needed to refrain from sexual contact.[br>[br>I met another girl just a few days later who was so beautiful that I could not turn her down. We have been having sex around 3 or 4 times per week for the last few months. The problem is, my wound has yet to heal properly. Every time it looks like it might be almost healed, I have sex again and it aggravates the wound. She has not even noticed the cut though, even when she gives me oral sex. [br>[br>I went and got a second opinion from a urologist and he also indicated that I shouldn't be worried at all, nothing was wrong and that this is very common. However, this issue is causing all sorts of problems in my life. I am lacking confidence. I am still romantically involved with the same woman (not the one with the NuvaRing that I cut myself) and I really like her. I would like to be able to make love to her without having the worry in the back of my mind that my penis will not heal properly. [br>[br>I want this wound gone and I never want to deal with it again. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make this happen. I even asked the doctor about circumcision because the wound is at location that is under the foreskin. However, he indicated that would not be the best thing to do and that I would also have to refrain from sex for 6 weeks if I chose to circumcise.[br>[br>My questions are: What should I do? How can I speed up the healing process? What is the longest the healing process should take? (it's already been a few months, but I haven't been consistent or dedicated with my healing practices) Should I be worried?

counterso responded:
You cannot speed up the healing process. By lacking self-control, you are re-injuring yourself deliberately and prolonging the issue, which would long have been resolved if you had simply followed directions to begin with. Additionally, it sounds like you're not using condoms for vaginal or oral sex, which would also prevent some of the further irritation. It sounds like stupidity is your only problem, which may be pretty harsh, but you get very little sympathy for doing this to yourself.

soccer1983 replied to counterso's response:
It is definitely not stupidity. I'm simply trying to keep things comfortable with a girl that I thoroughly enjoy spending time with. I have been as strong as I can be in terms of holding out.

During the last few months that I have been dealing with this issue, I have gone 10 days without having any sex for two separate periods. I would totally understand why this issue has persisted so long if I had been having sex every day throughout this period. However, the fact that it didn't heal during those two separate 10 day periods is what really concerned me.

counterso replied to soccer1983's response:
Because the skin of the penis is very delicate and thin, it is easy for any kind of stretching of that skin to cause re-injury. Skin can also be significantly more fragile if it has a yeast infection (prone to small tears and cuts), which is possibly a contributing factor, but something your doctor should have considered.

Depending on your overall state of health and nutrition, skin wounds anywhere on the body can take 1-3 (or more) weeks to heal normally. Since you did see a doctor, hopefully he would have considered things like that, but it's possible he was somewhat dismissive because it was very early in your situation, and he wasn't aware that after 10 days it had not shown improvement.

At this point, you might see a dermatologist. Skin is skin whether it's on your penis or elsewhere. There are a number of reasons why skin does not heal properly or too slowly. Ten days is not a long time, but you seem worried, so should take a more active approach instead of a wait-and-see.

There are a number of questions that come to mind, not really urologic so I won't get into them here, but your dermatologist will ask.

undefined responded:
No worries man, I had sex with a girl to, and it got cut, mine went away 1-2 weeks max, but during those weeks there's no jerking off, or having sex. And try to keep it dry, as it will stay longer, if wet

Spotlight: Member Stories

65 years young and just trying to do the right thing. At my age I just can't afford any mistakes.

Helpful Tips

Skin burning in my left waist area at belt level
Does any professional know about a condition with symptoms of skin burning in my left waist area at pants belt level? I have had this for ... More
Was this Helpful?
43 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.