Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
trouble urinating during the night
sonnyjoan1 posted:
I have trouble urinating especially in early hours of the morning. I must force the urion out. I feal that I am going to start to urinate for a second or two but th feeling goes away, even though I still have to urinate.

I went to my urologest yesterday. He said he cannon't find anything wrong. I had a cat scan and he also scoped my penis and bladder,and checked my prostrate.

during the day though i don'thave as much of this type of problem

counterso responded:
Hopefully you mean after first waking, because you should not be getting up at night to urinate. Hesitancy, as it's called, is only a symptom, not a problem itself. Since it's not persistent, and a thorough exam did not find any problem, I'd go with the urologist and say you don't have a problem.

First, NEVER strain to urinate. Also stop getting up to go and wait until you actually have to go. You may be forcing a habit and getting a mixed signal from nerves to think you have to urinate when it's actually something else irritating your penis (like a mild allergy to your bedclothes). Lastly, stop drinking fluids sooner than you do before bedtime so you don't fill up the tank overnight and see if that makes a difference.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Diagnosed with BXO (balanitis xerotica obliterans) in May 2011. I had a very sever case and had 4 surgeries and was in the hospital for 4 weeks.

Helpful Tips

What is this hard "vein" and swelling on my penis?
Veins in your penis will usually have a blue color, but sometimes you may have what looks like a "vein" appear that wasn't there before, ... More
Was this Helpful?
82 of 171 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.