Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Peyronies diagnosis??
    Frederick123db posted:
    I am a 41 year old white male. Two weeks ago while having sex with my wife I slightly bent my penis. I did not hear a pop. The next day I felt pain on the shaft near the head during morning erection. This pain comes back everytime I get erect. When erection is gone so is the pain. The pain is not intense just annoying, almost like it is "sprained". There is no scar tissue or bend what so ever. Two days ago I went to see a Urologist , I told him this exact story and without any examination at all he said I think you have Peyronies..come back in three months!!! Is diagnosis of this condition that simple? I am schedule for second opinion in two weeks but this is driving me crazy and would like feedback as to if this is in fact a probable case of peyronies...thanks for any help. Frederick.

counterso responded:
    Peyronie's does not occur suddenly, so it's not caused by an event. It may be that you have it and only detected it because of the attention you gave your penis after an event, but it's not the event that caused it. He did NOT give you a diagnosis. He made a suggestion that you MIGHT have a condition, but would not make a determination until more time had passed.

Frederick123db replied to counterso's response:
    In looking again at the summary sheet given at checkout it clearly reads...Today's Diagnosis: Peyronies Disease. I definetly feel a little less pain with the erection but increased pain in lower back...any opinion on that? If it happens to be peyronies how long after initial pain does lumps/scars start to form? Thanks for you time and attention.

counterso replied to Frederick123db's response:
    Peyronie's IS the scars (internal). It can be painful or not, depending on your specific circumstances. No two cases are identical. Keep in mind that intense pain does not always signal properly in your brain. What you feel in your lower back may not be coming from your lower back at all. Sorry to hear it is painful for you. You will not see scars externally.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had prostate removed 5 yrs. I have had incontinence every since. I had colligen placed near my bladder two times.No luck. I had mesh sling surgicall...More

Helpful Tips

penis vibration mostly cured
    Just want to thank everyone for their posts. I thought I was dying. Maybe I had brain, spinal, or penile cancer. Reading your posts I ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 1 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.