Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Large Lump on my Scrotum
    BrodieMike posted:
    Overnight I developed a large lump directly in the center on the front of my scrotum. It is about 3/4 inch long and about 1/2 inch wide. It is below the surface of the skin, but still on the scrotum, not inside of it. It is a bit tender if squeezed. Also coming off of it is what almost looks like some kind of engorged duct. It runs all the way along the the fold of skin that, when the scrotum is relaxed, hangs from the base of the penis. This thing is also tender, but it seems to be closer to the surface. When gently squeezed from the sides, it appears to be white. Does anybody have any clue on what this could be. I would have decided to go straight to a doctor, but I have no insurance and I cannot afford any doctor bills.
    BrodieMike responded:
    I woke up this morning, and now the part that looks like a duct has gone down, but the lump seems to have gotten bigger
    BrodieMike replied to BrodieMike's response:
    Now it's starting to seem as it's an infection or a cyst of some kind. The "duct" broke open at the top and it was nothing but a whole bunch of yellowish white pus. I got as much of it out as I could, the lump it still there, but the "duct" is no longer engorged.
    BrodieMike replied to BrodieMike's response:
    And it smelled horrible.
    counterso responded:
    It sounds like a skin infection and you have no choice but to see a (regular) doctor (or dermatologist) urgently about it. It's not yet an emergency, but if the infection spreads it could quickly become very serious. You cannot put normal antibiotic creams on your scrotum/genitals. It's not safe.

    Don't squeeze. See a doctor. It's going to cost less than $200 most likely, and you'll save yourself thousands of dollars if it becomes further infected.
    counterso replied to BrodieMike's response:
    Yeah, that smell is infection. See a doctor NOW! You need an antibiotic ointment that is safe for use in that area, but you won't get one if you don't have the doctor look at it.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    i am a 25 year old male and i have alot of medical problems.To start with i have rhumatoid arthritis, bulging discs and degenerative disc disease in m...More

    Helpful Tips

    Regarding erectile pain.
    I was experiencing pain when I had erections. It was like a muscle strain sort of feeling. I was concerned until I figured out why I was ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 1 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.