Skip to content
Important questions
An_247579 posted:
My Fiance and I have been trying to conceive for about 2 1/2 years now. Shes been to the doctor and nothing appears to be wrong. I dont have insurance so we cant afford for me to go so I have a few questions. I have something on my penis that looks like a swollen vein. Its blue and has been there probably close to three years. What do I do to get rid of this. Is it normal? Does this prevent people from being about to have children?
An_247579 responded:
What can be done over the counter for this?
counterso replied to An_247579's response:
What you are describing is nothing that would influence fertility. It is likely exactly what you describe, a vein, and with age it has become more visibly prominent, which is not a problem. You cannot "get rid" of it. It's relatively normal, even if it was less prominent before.

Unfortunately without seeing a urologist and having a semen analysis (probably cost about $200 for the visit and $100 for the test), there is no way you're going to know if it is a male fertility issue. 40% of the time infertility is a female issue, 40% of the time it is a male issue, and 20% of the time it is BOTH.

Your question should be posted in an infertility forum, not in a urology forum. Until it has been determined by a doctor to be a male infertility issue, there's nothing a urology forum can do to provide suggestions.

An unsolicited opinion, firm up your relationship before you start having children. Your child will benefit legally and financially from having married parents.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Diagnosed with BXO (balanitis xerotica obliterans) in May 2011. I had a very sever case and had 4 surgeries and was in the hospital for 4 weeks.

Helpful Tips

Skin burning in my left waist area at belt level
Does any professional know about a condition with symptoms of skin burning in my left waist area at pants belt level? I have had this for ... More
Was this Helpful?
43 of 64 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.