Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Phimosis maybe ?
    An_247663 posted:
    I am an uncircumcised 21 year old male and I have noticed that my foreskin does not retract back at all (flaccid or erect). It kind of just gets stuck at the head and if I try to force it back it hurts. I'm in a relationship and this becomes a big problem during intimate periods as the foreskin would just not slide over the head and get stuck. This has been a problem for many years but I didn't really care about it before up to now. On researching techniques to stretch the skin, I have tried pulling it back in the shower everyday but that doesn't seem to help. I would really appreciate any advice on fixing this from experts or any other individuals with the same problems.
    counterso responded:
    You need to be persistent and may need some particular cream that a urologist can prescribe for you that softens the skin and makes it easier to stretch. It will take time every day for several weeks to stretch this skin, perhaps multiple times per day for more than a few minutes.

    I will insist that it is essential you be able to fully retract your foreskin without pain (for multiple reasons), so you need to do the work to get to that point. Your alternative is to have the skin notched (you don't need a circumcision), to relieve that pressure.

    You may have given up too soon, or not been persistent or aggressive enough to actually stretch the skin. It requires work (not pain), and diligence if you want to avoid surgery or the risks of not being able to retract properly.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    65 years young and just trying to do the right thing. At my age I just can't afford any mistakes.

    Helpful Tips

    Pain in Manhood
    I been to hospitals and clinics for the treatment and said Gonorrhea and just the last one i have visited said Urethritis. I have been ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.