Skip to content
Probability of Genital Warts
Anon_158017 posted:
hello everyone, i would like some advice. This week i have found a small circular bump both on the underside of my penis and the testicular area close to the base of my penis. I will try to describe them as best as i can, they are circular in both cases and seem to be subcutaneous ie. the skin above these bumps is perfectly smooth and not broken and not calloused. if i lift the flexible skin on my penis i can move skin over this bump, same case on my testicle. When erect i notice other smaller follicle/glands of a whiter colour around both bumps, this corroborates my theory that one of these could have been inflamed?

I have recently shaved in this general area so i suspect that it could be a clogged hair follicle? i have had a clogged sebaceous gland on my penis before which went away with a anti-sebaceous shampoo.

What are the odds of it being genital warts? the last time i had a risk contact was more than 2 years ago and have subsequently been vaccinated with Gardisil for over a year. since then i have only had a single sexual partner that also has been vaccinated with Gardisil. What are the odds of a latency period this long?

Should i be worried? under your best judgment what should i do about it?

counterso responded:
Probably best to treat it like an ingrown hair, and so long as it doesn't show signs of infection or increase in size, likely not need a doctor's attention, and isn't warts so will go away on its own. If it starts forming pus or increases in size or becomes painful in the skin, or does not go away within a week or two, you probably should see a doctor to either lance the infected skin or determine if it is a wart. If you're worried, you can go now to the doctor. Skin infections like this can become severe quickly because of nearby bacterial contamination probability, so shouldn't go untreated for long. Remember, you cannot put regular antibiotic ointments like neosporin on your genitals. We hope it's not warts, but it will take a little time observing them to get a better guess, unless of course you have a doctor look at them now.

Anon_158017 replied to counterso's response:
Hello Counterso,
I appreciate your reply. Since my initial post the bump on my testicle has since disappeared and the one on my penis remains, i cant discern a hair shaft or pore opening. Considering the timeline that i gave you, do you consider it possible to have contracted genital warts or have such a long latency period?

Thanks!

counterso replied to Anon_158017's response:
Warts may be dormant for extended periods of time and only appear when your body is under stress (physical, mental, emotional). However, it sounds like the bump on the shaft may just not have healed as well as the other, and may still have a hair trapped in there making it callous. This is one of those things that is extremely hard to assess without seeing, so you may be best checking in with a skin doctor.

Spotlight: Member Stories

65 years young and just trying to do the right thing. At my age I just can't afford any mistakes.

Helpful Tips

Skin burning in my left waist area at belt level
Does any professional know about a condition with symptoms of skin burning in my left waist area at pants belt level? I have had this for ... More
Was this Helpful?
43 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.