Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Pain at tip of penis
    sdbrian posted:
    Hello, hopefully someone can solve this mystery as I've seen 3 MD's and 4 urologists over the past 10 years (started at age 33). I have pain under the crown of my penis only during erections. It feels as sensitive as if you peeled a scab and touched the raw skin. It is bad enough that most erections are only 75% hard and a pain/pleasure battle ensues in which I often cannot achieve orgasm. You can literally see the penis recoil like a scared turtle (not as fast as the turtle though. ) I have been checked for all STD's. No curvature. Prostatitis has been ruled out since it's been 10 years. Doctors have chalked it up to referred (transferred?) pain. I recently had an endoscopy (?); a camera cable inserted to my urethra all the way to my bladder and was determined not have scar tissue or other issues. So I am back to square 1. I have a silicone lube (allergic??) but the pain even pre-dates that. Internet searches suggest it could be a pelvic floor muscle issue that agitate a nerve (?). Any help would be more than great.
    counterso responded:
    It sounds like you have explored the correct path of analysis with a urologist. It's time to see a neurologist. And you can consider a specialist who deals with pelvic floor dysfunction.

    While I'm not sure most of the content of the book will specifically apply to you, there may be some information in a book called "A Headache in my Pelvis" that could help you in considering factors that can contribute to intense pain in that area of the body. Your doctor is right that the location of the sensation may not be at all where the source of the pain is. The trouble with internal pain, especially in an area of the body that has a very high concentration of nerves, is that the interpretation of (severe) pain can register a considerable distance from the source.
    sdbrian replied to counterso's response:

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    Diagnosed with BXO (balanitis xerotica obliterans) in May 2011. I had a very sever case and had 4 surgeries and was in the hospital for 4 weeks.

    Helpful Tips

    Regarding erectile pain.
    I was experiencing pain when I had erections. It was like a muscle strain sort of feeling. I was concerned until I figured out why I was ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 1 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.