Skip to content
Penis Pain in shaft when erect
Gdman posted:
I noticed a few days ago that I had a somewhat sharp pain on one side of the shaft of my penis near the base. The pain does only occurre when fully erect but does not seem to be affected when applying ourside pressure or moving up of down. It seems to be inside the shaft on the right side near the bottom but does not seem to be at the testicles. The pain is not real bad at this point but noticeable. and has not changed much since I noticed it. I have not found any articles that match exactly to this type of pain. Any ideas?

counterso responded:
There are a couple likely causes. One could be an ingrown hair that hasn't caused a blemish on the surface yet. Another might be that you injured it. And yet another could be that you have some scar tissue forming for an unknown reason, and the tightness is causing pain. There could be other reasons, but nothing pops to mind.

Regardless, there is no "good" reason for penis pain. You should promptly make an appointment with a urologist and be examined.

Spotlight: Member Stories

65 years young and just trying to do the right thing. At my age I just can't afford any mistakes.

Helpful Tips

Skin burning in my left waist area at belt level
Does any professional know about a condition with symptoms of skin burning in my left waist area at pants belt level? I have had this for ... More
Was this Helpful?
43 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.