Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Get over it and see a shrink
An_249246 posted:
How can you tell a guy to just see his shrink. I have this problem also, and I can tell you it does hurt. I am also on a lot of pain medication for Cervical and lower back pain. Had several disc removed over the last thirty years and these pills don't even mask the pain in my left side of my scrotum. It's very tight where the testical is so far up from the tightness even in a hot shower. Some Dr.will tell you there is no reason for back pain also just because they don't see something on the X-ray. the discomfort is very real

counterso responded:
Your message has no reference to an earlier conversation so it's unclear what you're talking about. Many doctors do not consider a patient's feelings when diagnosing symptoms. If they cannot find a physical cause for symptoms, they may automatically (whether right or wrong) assume that the patient has a mental problem. Doctors at one point, and still in some places, are trained to believe that if no physical cause is found, the patient is making it up. Just look at the history of the word "hysteria."

If you'd like to talk about your situation, please describe fully. There is so little in your current message that can be addressed here.

Spotlight: Member Stories

65 years young and just trying to do the right thing. At my age I just can't afford any mistakes.

Helpful Tips

Skin burning in my left waist area at belt level
Does any professional know about a condition with symptoms of skin burning in my left waist area at pants belt level? I have had this for ... More
Was this Helpful?
43 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.