Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Kidney stone and period
AL2297 posted:
Was wondering if having a kidney stone will make your period worse, or vice versa.
I have a history of stones, and noticed that was having some flank pain last week, wasn't sure if it was a stone or not since wasn't hurting all the time, seemed to come and go, But now that I have started my Period, noticed that the pain is worse and seems to be moving down. But not sure if they are even related. Any ideas

counterso responded:
There's probably an indirect relationship since kidney stones are a chronic issue that causes weakness in your system. Just like it's hard to do work when you feel sick. It's probably more uncomfortable having menstrual symptoms when your body is weakened by the irritation of kidney stones. Hopefully you are being treated for stone recurrence with diet, medication, and/or nutritional supplements.

Either way, this is something to mention to your doctor before the symptoms are gone. Sorry no one saw your post in the last two weeks.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I had prostate removed 5 yrs. I have had incontinence every since. I had colligen placed near my bladder two times.No luck. I had mesh sling surgicall...More

Helpful Tips

What is this hard "vein" and swelling on my penis?
Veins in your penis will usually have a blue color, but sometimes you may have what looks like a "vein" appear that wasn't there before, ... More
Was this Helpful?
82 of 171 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.