Skip to content
Swollen testicle-PLEASE help
An_249754 posted:
I've gotten a swollen testicle over 4 times now, it happens every month or couple of months. I tried to figure what triggers it but sometimes it comes out of no where!!! Ill be In perfect health then I start feeling it. I usually get it in my right testicle but it happened in the left side before. The pain that comes with it is EXCRUCIATING pain, from 1-10 I would say its a 9!! If the right testicle swells for instance I feel sharp consistent pain in the testicle and radiates up and around to my back on the right side. It is sooo bad I have lost my job for calling off sick too much. It usually lasts for a week to a week and half. Everytime it comes with a fever! I only have sex with one girl. I went to the emergency for the first time and they thought its because of an STD so they gave me doxycycline and a shot in the butt but my results tested me NEGATIVE for chlamydia and gonorrea which are the 2 that would cause that. But after finishing the doxycycline, a month later, it happened again and they basically told me they dont know!!! i dont have a doctor and the bill from the hospital is over $3,000!!! I'm terrified it will happen again. Please any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
counterso responded:
Testicular pain is an EMERGENCY and requires immediate medical treatment. It's likely that you have a hydrocele or some other variable swelling that requires treatment. General practice physicians (at the hospital) know about as much about your genitals as you do about thermodynamics. See a urologist, immediately.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am a 25 year old male and i have alot of medical problems.To start with i have rhumatoid arthritis, bulging discs and degenerative disc disease in m...More

Helpful Tips

Hey you will probably never read this but this helped me a lot thanks I got so worried still checking with doctor because it's still there ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.